Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Javier Bardem in Bond 23?


Javier Bardem recently met with director Sam Mendes to talk about playing the villain in the next James Bond film, temporarily titled “James Bond 23” and set for a Nov. 9, 2012, release.

The actor, who is Oscar-nominated for his lead work in the Spanish-language drama “Biutiful” and who won in 2008 for another villainous role in "No Country for Old Men," hasn’t said yes to Mendes -- yet. He wants to read the screenplay first. But, apparently he’s very open to the idea.

“I’m a huge fan of the James Bond saga,” Bardem says. “When I was little, I went watching Mr. Connery doing James Bond with my father."

Bardem says he was intrigued by what Mendes told him at their meeting.
“They’re changing the whole thing, the whole dynamic,” Bardem says. “I’d be playing Bond’s nemesis, yes, but it’s not that obvious. Everything is more nuanced. It’s very intriguing.”

No comments: