Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Michael Madsen talks about meeting George Lazenby


Actor Michael Madsen, who played Falco in the 2002 James Bond film "Die Another Day" with Pierce Brosnan, spoke to Empire magazine about meeting a previous incarnation of 007 - Geroge Lazenby.

Empire: Who is the best james bond?

Madsen: Sean Connery, of course. I met Lazenby once. It was really bizarre. I was in an airport on the way to do Die Another Day and this old guy walks up and goes, "Hey, Michael, how are you doing?" Shakes my hand. "Love your work". I'm like, "thanks very much." He stood there staring at me. I felt very embarrassed because I thought "this guy knows me and I don't know him". Five seconds later,it was like "Holy shit! You're George Lazenby." And he was like, "YES I AM!". I said "Wow, I'm on my way to do a Bond film right now!" He goes "Put a word in for me, woudya? I think I should be a bond villain - don't you think I'd be a great villain?". I said "I'll mention it to Barbra (Broccoli)".

Empire: Did You?

Masden: No.

No comments: